Monday, April 11, 2011

running..

Running...why do I do it?  Simple--because I can!  I've been asked this question a few times and I understand the curiosity people have.  After all, what sane person would purposely stress their body for fun?  No, I don't run to keep the pounds off or because I want to represent the millions who cannot.  No, my reasons for running are very simple and frankly rather selfish. Running brings me peace and harmony.  You see when I run the world disappears.  All the chaos, commotion, noise, and stress evaporates along with the my sweat....andddddddddd I suppose another good reason is because I get an occasional high from it too.  Hahaha!, that got your attention rather quickly.  Yes, as I run I'm smoking a blunt filled with California grown weed.  It's all true, all runners are junkies..we thrive on that feeling of greatness that overtakes us when we are experiencing the 'perfect run'---whether that be a marathon or a quick 5k---we all have our moments when we feel as if we are running on air and not even Hermes himself could catch us.     
But enough on that...my blog isn't meant to be some sort of philosophical or epiphanic diatribe.  Nooo my friends, my entries will be filled with the silly observations I make on a daily basis--connected to running of course; in one way or the other. 

2 comments: